Learning at Bodiam
We have high expectations in every area of school life and are learning centred.
Key drivers in ensuring that pupils strive for excellence are :
- Continuing to develop the Federation with Etchingham C E School.
- Giving high value to enabling pupils to have the opportunity to be actively involved in and steering their learning on a day to day basis
- Promoting a ‘Curriculum for Learning’ which frequently involves real life contexts, motivates and engages pupils through high quality learning opportunities and their involvement with curriculum design and is FUN!
- Encouraging ‘Behaviour for Learning’ which ensures that high priority is given to developing the respect and equality that permeate all aspects of school life.
- Encouraging partnership and good communication with parents. Only with effective home / school partnerships can pupils be the best they can be.
The rich, vibrant and exciting curriculum is a key strength of the school. Pupils are enthusiastic, extremely hard working and very positive about their learning. When visiting classrooms, I saw pupils consistently well engaged, and sometimes deeply engrossed, during lessons. Throughout the day, I observed nothing but impeccable behaviour. Pupils told me that this day was just like any other.
SIAMS Inspection 2016
Pupils are very well known and their various gifts and talents, as well as learning needs, are consistently taken into consideration. In turn this means that through effective teaching and strong pastoral support, pupils achieve extremely well across the school. Pupils’ well-being is central to the school. It is a safe and happy place. This supports attendance which is high. Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary in class and around the site.